CLARIN-LT repository About and Legal Information
- Mission Statement
- Terms of Service
- About Repository
- Licence Agreements and Contracts
- Privacy Statement
- Metadata Policy
The ultimate objective of CLARIN ERIC is to advance research in humanities and social sciences by giving researchers unified single sign-on access to a platform which integrates language-based resources and advanced tools at a European level. This shall be implemented by the construction and operation of a shared distributed infrastructure that aims at making language resources, technology and expertise available to the humanities and social sciences (henceforth abbreviated HSS) research communities at large.
To know more about CLARIN ERIC visit CLARIN-ShortGuide.pdf
Terms of Service
To achieve our mission statement, we set out some ground rules through the Terms of Service. By accessing or using any kind of data or services provided by the Repository, you agree to abide by the Terms contained in the above mentioned document.
Data in CLARIN-LT repository are made available under licences attached to resources. In case there is no licence, data is made freely available for access, printing and download for the purposes of non-commercial research or private study.
It is like a library for linguistic data and tools.
- Search for data and tools and easily download them.
- Deposit the data and be sure it is safely stored, everyone can find it, use it, and correctly cite it (giving you credit)
License Agreement and Contracts
At the moment, CLARIN-LT distinguishes three types of contracts.
- For every deposit, we enter into a standard contract with the submitter, the so-called "Distribution License Agreement", in which we describe our rights and duties and the submitter acknowledges that they have the right to submit the data and gives us (the repository centre) right to distribute the data on their behalf.
- Everyone who downloads data is bound by the licence assigned to the item - in order to download protected data, one has to be authenticated and needs to electronically sign the licence. Currently CLARIN-LT support three types of end-user licences: PUB, ACA, RES
- For submitters, there is a possibility for setting custom licences to items during the submission workflow.
Your personal data will be protected according to the Code of Conduct for Service Providers, a common standard for the research and higher education sector to protect your privacy.
Deposited content must be accompanied by sufficient metadata describing its content, provenance and formats in order to support its preservation and dissemination. Metadata are freely accessible and are distributed in the public domain (under CC0). However, we reserve the right to be informed about commercial usage of metadata from CLARIN-LT repository including a description of your use case at Help Desk.